7 Days Down The Memory Lane Africa (Algiers 6N)
Location: Algeria :: Africa
Duration: 6 Nights / 7 Days
Package ID: 1243
Algiers is a city whose rich history can be seen in its architecture, from its Moorish mosques, Ottoman-style palaces and the Kasbah, a designated UNESCO World Heritage site, to its Berber fortifications, French colonial houses and modern boulevards.
Day 01 :
Arrive Algiers. Transfer to hotel in central Algiers followed by orientation tour and dinner in former hamman.
Day 02 :
Today you will go on a wwalking tour of central Algiers including esplanade (panoramic views of port, art deco Hotel Safir, National Assembly, neo-Moorish Prefecture), Place des Martyrs (situated at the foot of the casbah and housing 17th century El Djedid Mosque) followed by Place Emir Abdelkader (with famous statue in honour of the founder of Algerian nation) and Grande Poste (Algiers' quintessential neo-Moorish building, adorned with minarets, triple arches and a huge cupola).
Day 03 :
Today you will go on a day-long excursion to the Tombeau de la ChrÃ©tienne (royal mausoleum of Mauritania, one of North Africa's most enigmatic archaeological survivals), Tipasa (UNESCO World Heritage site bordering the Mediterranean adorned with a Roman amphitheatre, 4th century basilica, forum, old port and delightful museum) followed by Bastion 23 (Ottoman Palais des Rais converted into art and architecture museum).
Day 04 :
Todayâ€™s tour with include Anglo-Algiers comprising of the historic Hotel St George (where Eisenhower and Churchill planned allied invasions of southern Europe), series of beautiful white villas constructed by British architect Benjamin Bucknall, Church of the Holy Trinity (memorials commemorating the lives of Algiers' English residents from 1580 onwards), lunch in historic Hotel Safir (liberated by the British) followed by excursion to Sidi Ferruch (scene of the first landing by the French in 1830 and, in 1942, the site of American landings).
Day 05 :
Art and Culture
Today you will visit Monument to the Fallen (constructed in 1982 to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Algerian war of independence against France), Museum of the Liberation, Museum of Fine Arts (one of the Mediterranean's great "undiscovered" art galleries with work by Algerian painters and canvasses by Pissarro, Gauguin and Monet) followed by Jardin d'Essai (vast complex of gardens, including a French and English garden, celebrated for its fine avenue of dragon trees).
Day 06 :
Bardo Museum (prehistory and ethnography), Museum of Antiquities and Islamic Arts followed by visit to casbah, including lunch in private home and visits to mosque and Museum of Arts and Crafts.
Day 07 :
After buffet breakfast at the hotel, you will have time at leisure (bookshops, shopping) followed by transfer to airport and return journey. Hope you had a pleasant trip with us!
- Accommodation in well-appointed rooms
- Airport Pick up & Drop
- Welcome drinks on arrival
- All Major Sightseeing as per the itinerary
- Buffet Breakfast
- Visa Fee + Flights
- Accommodation other than specified
- Meals other than specified
- Transportation other than specified
- Personal nature expenses such-laundry-drinks-tips and anything not mentioned in the itinerary
- Above rates are not valid during any major event and exhibition.
- Above rates and dates are subject to change without prior notice.
- Above rate would not club with any other promotion.
- Child age will be considered as per hotel child policy so kindly confirm with our sales team before committing.
- 3.50 % GST will be extra.
- All taxes inclusive are as on date. Any future hike will be charged extra.
CANCELLATION / REFUND POLICY
- Date of booking to 30 days the cancellation charges will be 25% of the tour cost.
- 30 to 15 days - the cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost.
- 15 to 7 days - the cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost.
- Less than 7 days - Total amount will be forfeited and no refund shall be given.
- No show - Total amount will be forfeited and no refund shall be given.
Cancellation Policy is subject to change. It's purely depends upon the cancellation policy of respective hotels. In Peak seasons, Some hotels may charge 100% cancellation. Refunds normally take 10 working days after the cancellation request has been raised & transferred electronically to your bank account.