8 Days In Camus' Footsteps Africa (Algiers 4N, Oran 2N, Annaba 1N)
Location: Algeria :: Africa
Duration: 7 Nights / 8 Days
Package ID: 1244
The city is home to numerous attractions, including the Great Mosque, the National Library, Martyrs Square, the Bardo Museum and multiple monuments and forts.
Day 01 :
Arrive Algiers. Meet and greet airport at the airport. Transfer to hotel in central Algiers for your stay, followed by a walking tour including esplanade (panoramic views of port, art deco Hotel Safir, National Assembly, neo-Moorish Prefecture), Place des Martyrs (situated at the foot of the casbah and housing 17th century El Djedid Mosque) followed by Place Emir Abdelkader (with famous statue in honour of the founder of Algerian nation) and Grande Poste (Algiers' quintessential neo-Moorish building). Overnight in Algiers.
Day 02 :
Algiers City Tour
Breakfast at hotel. After breakfast go on a day-long city tour to Algiers' UNESCO-designated casbah, including lunch in private home and visits to mosque and Museum of Arts and Crafts followed by Bab El Oued including Algiers lycÃ©e (frequented by Camus) as well as Marengo Gardens, Padovani beach and Notre Dame d'Afrique cathedral with optional visit to Bastion 23 (Ottoman Palais des Rais converted into art and architecture museum). Overnight in Algiers.
Day 03 :
Algiers Heritage Site Tour
Breakfast at hotel. After breakfast take a tour of Belcourt (Camus' childhood quartier), rue Mohamed Belouizdad (ex rue de Lyon) followed by Bardo Museum (prehistory and ethnography). Afternoon excursion to Camus? Tipasa- UNESCO World Heritage site bordering the Mediterranean adorned with a Roman amphitheatre, 4th century basilica, forum, old port and delightful museum (including stele erected in homage to Camus). Overnight in Algiers.
Day 04 :
Breakfast at hotel. After breakfast transfer on internal flight to Oran (scene of La Peste) followed by tour in the footsteps of Camus with visits to his apartment in rue Larbi (ex Rue d'Arzew), bookshop, Place des Armes, sea-front and cafÃ©s, town hall, Michelet market. Overnight in Oran.
Day 05 :
Breakfast at hotel. After breakfast continue visiting the rest of this Mediterranean city of Oran which includes Massif du Murdjadjo, Church of Santa Cruz, port, archaeology museum, palais du Bey, Mers El Kebir. Overnight in Oran.
Day 06 :
Breakfast at hotel. After breakfast transfer on internal flight to Annaba. Get transferred to your hotel by your tour guide and after that you will be taken to visit central Annaba (mosque and casbah) and Cap du Garde. Overnight in Annaba.
Day 07 :
Annaba Excursion- Algiers
Today you will go on an excursion to Drean (ex Mondovi, Camus' birthplace) with visit to family home, Chapeau du Gendarme (where Lucien Camus worked), visits to the "modern" Basilica of St Augustine followed by ancient Roman settlement of Hippo Regius (excellent museum and site where St Augustine was bishop) followed by Seraidi (mountain village). Transfer on internal flight to Algiers for overnight.
Day 08 :
Time at leisure in Algiers (bookshops, shopping) followed by transfer to airport and return journey. Hope you had an enjoyable time with us!
- Accommodation in well-appointed rooms
- Welcome drinks on arrival
- Buffet Breakfast
- Airport Pick up & Drop
- All Major Sightseeing as per the itinerary
- Visa Fee + Flights
- Accommodation other than specified
- Meals other than specified
- Transportation other than specified
- Personal nature expenses such-laundry-drinks-tips and anything not mentioned in the itinerary
- Above rates are not valid during any major event and exhibition.
- Above rates and dates are subject to change without prior notice.
- Above rate would not club with any other promotion.
- Child age will be considered as per hotel child policy so kindly confirm with our sales team before committing.
- 3.50 % GST will be extra.
- All taxes inclusive are as on date. Any future hike will be charged extra.
CANCELLATION / REFUND POLICY
- Date of booking to 30 days the cancellation charges will be 25% of the tour cost.
- 30 to 15 days - the cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost.
- 15 to 7 days - the cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost.
- Less than 7 days - Total amount will be forfeited and no refund shall be given.
- No show - Total amount will be forfeited and no refund shall be given.
Cancellation Policy is subject to change. It's purely depends upon the cancellation policy of respective hotels. In Peak seasons, Some hotels may charge 100% cancellation. Refunds normally take 10 working days after the cancellation request has been raised & transferred electronically to your bank account.